Visit the Official KCSA Web Site

Visit the Official KCSA Web Site
Click to Visit the Official KCSA Web Site. Unity Through Diversity...Knights Nation!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Lollapalooza-Day 2


Sir Hook, still playing and being Hooky at America's Best Music Festival....Lollapalooza 2009! Today begins with what could in the future be two headliners. It's my lucky early afternoon, because these relative unknowns are two of my favorite bands right now thanks to iTunes!



11:30am - Band of Skulls: Wake Up America...Wake Up Chicago...Wake Up Dead Man...that's just not music you're hearing...that is a Band playing in your freakin' SKULL!




12:30pm - Dirty Sweet: Sweet! Gettin' down and dirty with some good ole' Rock N Roll!



1pm - Constantines: I got to like this band a couple of years ago when I was forced to watch endless shows on the WB with my then high school daughter.



2:15pm - Ida Maria: Someone who I would have been worried about hanging out with my daughter in school, but who I would have wanted to party with when I was that age! I know...the old double standard! LOL! Besides, she laughs at fart jokes! (See her You Tube promotion)



3:00pm - Los Campesinos!:  The name will fool you but the music will move you.  This is a Welsh band with a Spanish name and some seriously fun music!



4:30pm - Artic Monkey's: I can' wait to see these guys live! I've been a huge fan since I discovered them listening to British radio over the Internet several years ago. I'll be dancing like the Monkey Man I Am!



5:30pm - Santigold:  She's not Santa, but her pants and music are Gold!  Ska, Punk, Rap & Rock...Rolled together into one "Spicy Meatballa!"



6:30pm - TV on the Radio:  Eclectic combination of musical styles should make this an interesting set to watch.



7:30pm - Ben Harper and Relentless 7: AWESOME! Relentless 7 times 7. That equals eternal bliss!

8:30pm - Yeah Yeah Yeahs: YEAH! Opting out of the drugs...it's still Fun, Sex and Rock N Roll with this group! Tool is headlining across the park, but I just want to yell Yeah Yeah Yeah!

So there you have my Saturday line-up. You can share in the action by downloading a free iPhone Lollapalooza app if you own an iPhone, or you can visit the official website with links to the bands at http://.2009.lollapalooza.com.

I've got the Music in Me!
Sir Hook the Troubadour of Warrick

15 comments:

  1. I love nothing more than a great music festival and this one sounds like a great one indeed!

    As for sex drugs and rock and roll - Steven Tyler said once in an interview that when you give up the drugs there's a LOT more time and energy for sex and rock and roll. I hope he recovers from his stage fall...

    Rock on, Sir Hook!

    Lady T. who just finished up a festival of a much smaller scale last night with sixth row seats for Pat Benatar and Blondie of Pickerington

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Steven. Thanks for the tip Lady T! It appears that with Alice Cooper, the Dublin Irish Fest and now Pat Benatar & Blondie, that you're trying to keep up with my musical schedule. Well done and carry on as they say across the pond!

    Just waking up from a long day, preparing for a long day and reflecting on what I saw yesterday.

    Manchester Orchestra was everything I hoped for, Depeche Mode didn't disappoint, but White Lies, in my humble yet Eccentric Expert Opinion, was the set of the day! Surprise of the day went to Hockey, who's power outage problems limited them to three songs, but that's all it took to hook "Ole' Hooky"!

    You see the line up for today. Right now it's raining again, so flexibility might come into play again today....we shall see. There are soooooooo many choices, you need to be God, or if you don't believe in Him, omnipresent to take it all in! Yesterday due to weather, crowds and time, I didn't get to see The Henry Clay People and the Heartless Bastards, two very good bands. And of course I chose at the last minute to see DM instead of King's of Leon. Two bands that escaped my radar screen, but I would have liked to seen where April Smith and The Gaslight Anthem. Adding them to my extensive iPod collection today!

    Today, there is no logistical way to see a band I already know, Gomez out of England, and one that I don't know but like what I hear, Living Things. There is a "catch phrase" used by the press here to describe having to choose between two main acts performing at the same time totally across from the park from each other..."Cruel Overlap"! My Cruel Overlap choices for today are: Los Campesinos over Atmosphere...Arctic Monkeys over Coheed & Cambria...Santigold over Glasvegas and TV on the Radio over Rise Against.

    Best (or most disappointing depending on your mode) story of the day....Going up to the beer tent to get my wrist band, they didn't card me but asked to see Aileen's ID! Then.......every time I ordered a beer, no matter where in the park, I was greeted with, "Can I help you sir." I don't think they were referring to "Sir Hook"! LOL!

    SIR Hook Who's Getting His Old Body Ready to Rock All Day of Warrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting ready to hit the gates in 30 minutes. Headlines from Chicago Tribune called yesterday "Rain-A-Palooza"! No doubt! Also, it was reported that the first death at Lolla happened yesterday during the Manchester Orchestra set, which I was at, at the Budweiser stage. A 39 year old man died while being transported to the hospital. Cause of death has not been released. I didn't even know it was going on from my vantage point. Sad news on an other wise "Woodstock in the Mud" sort of day.

    Hooky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey.....poor Steven Tyler fell off the stage dancing around at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, SD on Thur and he reportedly broke his shoulder.....now their whole tour is in jeopardy. Steven is 61 yrs old.....ROCK ON.....and Keep on Rocking in the Windy City Dave.....another ecclectic lineup it looks like for today....hopefully drier! I have heard of TV on the Radio......enjoy! I want to dance with that Ska Lady too....hubba, hubba!

    Peace, Love....and industrial grade Budweiser!

    Sir Richard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ska..hubba, hubba...yeah Baby! Good to hear from u Sir R! Thanks on the Tyler Update! We're never too old to Rock N Roll! Band of Skulls did their job! Everyone ready to PARTY NOW! Here comes Dirty Sweet!
    Hooky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dirty Sweet the one to Beat....TODAY! Freakin havin Kittens! LOL! AWESOME SHOW! Watch out for these San Diego Amigos!
    Hooky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Constatines not as good live as on their recordings. But the hour was saved by a text from Lolla Central that informed that Buddy Guy was playing with a 10 year old virtuoso from Boston named Quinn Sullivan at Kidpalooza. AWESOME! Here comes Ida Maria! OhWee!
    Hooky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ida did not hold any punches! Brought the house done with frenzied stage presence, part strip tease to "I Like You Better With Your Clothes Off" and the Orgasmic closer..."Oh My God"! I even got to meet this Norway daughter if Thor after the show! Lovely Viking Punk Rock!
    Hooky

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2nd Surprise today...waiting for Arctic Monkeys to start and behind is this serious groove new country jam band, like a straight laced Grateful Dead meets Widespread Panic at Tootsie's in Nashville. It's Robert Earl Keen. Note to self, there goes more money to iTunes!
    Hooky

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need to sell alot more accounts.....to help support your Itunes and concert going habits!..Haha. Traci and I are on life support today....closed down Big Daddys (haven't done that in quite a while)....I think she is still feeling the effects....ala last time we all went to Madellines....haha! Our waitress jumped up on stage to sing Chain of Fools for closing last night....wow she was good!

    Carry on Sir Hook.....and keep us informed of all the new wave of bands coming....for all us Grandfatherly types....lol!

    Sir Richard of Big Daddies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arctic Monkeys where Brilliant. It appears that the guitar of English rockers choice now does seems to be the Fender Jaguire or Gibson ES335. We all looked "good on the dance floor" at this set!
    Hooky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Santigold didn't live up to the pre-show hype. In my opinion one good song. Went to piss and bought more be. Putting my feet up for TV on the Radio.
    Hooky

    ReplyDelete
  13. TV on the Radio was awesome live! They floated between Funk, Sonic Landscapes & Rock with ease like the early evening breeze! Straight Away to Ben Harper & the Relentless 7! RELENTLESS BOOGY ROCK INDEED! Shaping up to be Quite The Night for this Errant Knight & Fair Lady A!!!!!!!
    Sir Hook Who is Tempted to Play Permanent Hooky from Warrick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 225,000 people and I run into Phil Gilson, a Urologist friend of mine from Evansville. Part of the amazing Three Amigos golf team who won the Rolling Hills B Flight Golf Tourney 4 Years ago. Me, him and Andy Clayton where so far ahead the last day, we wore Sombreos and yelled out , "Tonight we ride!" after every hole! We had as much fun dancing to Ben Harper as we rode into the sunset! Tonight We Ride!
    Senior Hooky

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Moon is Full and I say Good Night Chicago...Yeah...Yeah...Yeah!
    Sir Hook the Weary But Smiling Rocker of Warrick

    ReplyDelete