Visit the Official KCSA Web Site

Visit the Official KCSA Web Site
Click to Visit the Official KCSA Web Site. Unity Through Diversity...Knights Nation!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Which Way Alice?


Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.
Alice: I don't much care where.
The Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.

Where do you want to go? What do you care about? Answer these questions and enjoy the planned and unplanned journeys that life brings!

Today, I bury the last of the "Greatest Generation" Baker's, my Uncle John. Tomorrow I point my rental car towards the Rocky Mountains and unknown vistas. Saturday, I play my guitar and sing at Mass. Sometime soon I will see the new Alice In Wonderland. Last July I walked where the author of this famous story walked. Sunday? Who cares!

Sir Hook the Mad Hatter of Warrick

4 comments:

  1. Good excerpt. Never has a book been so full of gems, and yet so nearly wasnt written.

    one of my faves in this hectic life... is the Red Queen who says
    "'Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!'

    Sir Overworked D

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Tim Burton, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter get together I am never disappointed. Throw Lewis Carroll into the mix and how can you go wrong? Sooo looking forward to this movie.

    Lady T. of Somewhere North of Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like the confectioners Rowntree, have pick up on your theme of random adventures....with a competition in their Random Sweets.

    http://www.rowntrees-randoms.co.uk/


    Sir D ( who now has been suckered into buying a pack next time he is out...to see if he can find the foamy Gnome ) of O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir D, looks like a future post there.

    Sir Hook, yes that was magical walking about the same area / path as
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.

    Sir Bowie "Curiouser and curiouser!" of Greenbriar

    ReplyDelete