Visit the Official KCSA Web Site

Visit the Official KCSA Web Site
Click to Visit the Official KCSA Web Site. Unity Through Diversity...Knights Nation!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Birth...Life...Death...



Today marks the end of the Founder's KMSA birthday season...having celebrated Sir Bowie's surprise 50th last month at our newest Sacred Watering Hole...Legends, Sir Dayvd's this past Friday...where unofficially we believe he celebrated with his good Mates in Liverpool...and today with this errant Knight.

Birth...Life...Death...the triune cycle we are pushed into...screaming naked while our buttocks are being slapped by strangers...holds many adventures, disappointments, lessons learned and lessons given.



I've often wondered what it would be like to actually remember the traumatic journey through the birth canal into this strange new world? I have heard of those who claim to do so. I guess it's possible?

On this day, my birthday, I seem to focus more on my mother's life and death, than my own day of birth. Today I turn 53...and I have lived 11 years longer than my mother did. See seemed so old and wise when she was 42 and I just 17. Now I realize how much life she missed and how hard it most of been to give up the ghost at such a young age.

So today, the best birthday present you could give, is to love your mother...if you're lucky enough to still have one. And if not, remember and cherish the woman who carried you inside her for 9 months (hopefully) and launched you towards your destiny!

Sir Hook the Life Cyclist of Warrick

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brother Hook!

    I want to wish you again a very belated birthday as life here has been frantic of late with work and of course Lady Traci's sudden job loss.

    I can understand how you...and we...think of our lost parents each year we celebrate another year on this Earthly trip. We reflect on the lives of our parents.....did we learn anything from their lives? Will we follow the same or divergent paths?

    Peace,

    Brother Sir Richard

    ReplyDelete