Visit the Official KCSA Web Site

Visit the Official KCSA Web Site
Click to Visit the Official KCSA Web Site. Unity Through Diversity...Knights Nation!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Patty Man, Patty Man, Drinkin' His Beer as Fast as He Can


Yes, it's time to bring the Luck o' the Irish to Ye, me Boyo! The official kick-off of Old Chicago's St. Patrick's Mini Tour began last night and runs for 20 days through St. Patrick's Day. It's kind of like a drunken mini lent! This is a time when Old Chicago, birthplace of the Knights of Moleskine, Spirit and Ale, becomes O'Chicago and all who grace it's pub fancy themselves as Irish, either by blood or spirit.

For me, I married into the "fair people" and spawned new little Leprechaun's. However, if you're family originated from "across the pond" on the British Isles then you're more than likely to have Celtic blood anyway. This is my claim. After all, St. Patrick himself was from a rich English family and only adopted the land where he was formally a slave. So if calling yourself Irish because of a physical connection is good enough for St. Patrick, it's good enough for me. Besides, my lady and I enjoy the conversation of whose on top, the Irish or the English?!

The beer list is a new selection of Irish Lagers, Ales and Stouts. The only one that has my nose turned up is a mixture of Guinness and Sierra Mist called a "Shandy Gaff". I never heard of it and I'm trying to bribe the bartender into substituting another "pure" Guinness for me so that I can earn my T-Shirt without the Shandy Gaff passing my lips! If someone can tell m that's a traditional Irish drink, I'll do it.

Whatever you do, don't forget the "bonus" points for doing a shot of Bushmill's Irish Whiskey!

Cheers!
Sir Hook "the Irish because I married a Slattery" Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment