Visit the Official KCSA Web Site

Visit the Official KCSA Web Site
Click to Visit the Official KCSA Web Site. Unity Through Diversity...Knights Nation!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Seinfeld and The Buddha


My recent bout with the flu has forced me on the couch watching a lot of movies and TV. As I was flipping though the stations last night, I stopped at the Seinfeld episode in which Jerry and George are trying to sell a TV show concept based on their own lives.

George: "I think I can sum up the show for you with one word: NOTHING."

The network heads are obviously unimpressed; After all, it has to be about SOMETHING!

In a way, I think the Knights of Moleskine, Spirit, and Ale is a lot like Seinfeld. We're spontaneous -- we have no specific goals that we want to attain. Nothing is going according to a plan, because there is no plan. And it's wonderful!

The Buddhist have a saying, "If you meet the Buddha on the path, kill him," which means if you're following a spiritual script written in advance, bury it. Awakening, they believe, doesn't happen according to a plan. I'm not saying that you should throw away all your religious books and teachings, I'm just saying that I believe that there is an element of CREATION that we must create for ourselves in our own lives.

When we started the Knights of MSA, we basically said, Let's just begin where we are right now and see where it goes -- without judgments, or struggles to meet a certain goal.

Today, I'm thankful that you've all decided to coming along for NOTHING. Isn't it something?

Sir Bowie of Greenbriar

No comments:

Post a Comment