Visit the Official KCSA Web Site

Visit the Official KCSA Web Site
Click to Visit the Official KCSA Web Site. Unity Through Diversity...Knights Nation!

Friday, June 13, 2008

Give it a rest!

Those of you who workout with weights -- and perhaps, those people like me who don't -- know that it isn't the physical workout that makes us stronger, it's the RESTING. During the workout, you're trying to slightly damage the muscle fibers by overloading them. Basically, once that little "micro-trauma" is over, the body's rescue team comes in to rebuild muscle to prepare for the next traumatic event. The workout is just the spark that gets the magic started.

What does all this have to do with this Knights of Moleskine, Spirit, and Ale blog?

You see, Sir Hooks post of yesterday hit me like a micro-trauma; truthfully, more like an earthquake. It sparked a thought process that got me thinking about putting my life into perspective. The Wells' beautiful words and images sparked images of the people I love and the people I love moving away, about the family and friends that I have and those I have lost, and about what it means to live in this country and this world.

So today I'm calling for a day of "post rest." Today, I challenge each one reading this to scroll down and read Sir Hook's post "Red Eyes - Red Knight." Even if you've read it before, please read it again. I guarantee that you will be touched by some micro-trauma that you missed the first time. Print it out, read it daily and keep them (and all the world) in your prayers.

Today I am resting from writing. I'm reading, rereading, reflecting... and growing stronger.

Sir Bowie of Greenbriar.

1 comment:

  1. Sir Bowie has humbled me with his comments and insight. I guess it gives a whole new meaning to "post traumatic stress syndrome"! Yes, we all grow stronger through the traumatic times. I know that is true in my life, and will continue to be so. Lady Allwinky and I are rolling with the punches as we vacation in Charleston. Shear bliss turns to shear horror in seconds. We weather the horror and welcome the bliss. Today we took a carriage ride through historic Charleston only to receive the 2 minute call from Ryan, the only call he is allowed to make for the next 15 weeks. It was more than surreal having to spill our guts in front of a carriage full of total strangers, who never the less supported us with words of incouragement and gratitude for what our son is doing. We are truly blessed to live in this country of ours and I am truly blessed to have family and friends like Sir Bowie! God Bless Us All!

    ReplyDelete