Visit the Official KCSA Web Site

Visit the Official KCSA Web Site
Click to Visit the Official KCSA Web Site. Unity Through Diversity...Knights Nation!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sipping on an empty glass


This is a Sir Jack (Kerouac) of America follow-up:

After I read Sir Davyd’s essay on Jack Kerouac, I asked my daughter – a senior in high school and an aspiring writer – if she has heard of Sir Jack.

“Of course! He’s so cool. I have a couple of his books if you’d like to read them.”

(Good job Lady Lucy)

One poem titled A PUN FOR AL GELPI ends with the line

You’re really sipping

When your glass

Is always empty.

What do you think that means? Is it “wanting” and “desire” for something that is not there or we can’t attain?

Poetry. Questions. I write my own poetry and wonder what it means. Am I mad?

I think that Sir Jack has given all Knights permission to be mad:

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Thank you Sir Jack of America.

Sir Bowie of Greenbriar

1 comment:

  1. Keep sipping empty glasses, keep open to the impossible reality, keep writing crazy love letters to yourself that will turn the world on!

    ReplyDelete