Visit the Official KCSA Web Site

Visit the Official KCSA Web Site
Click to Visit the Official KCSA Web Site. Unity Through Diversity...Knights Nation!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday Homily: Don't Confine the Divine


One thing we all have in common is the ability to "Confine the Divine" into written word we all call sacred text. However, John in his Gospel, does plant the seed that perhaps there is so much more in the case of Jesus as Son of God, that there couldn't be enough books written about what he did or say. Fundamentalists never view even the remotest possibility that the Divine can still speak to us through other writings, movies, pub conversations, making love, etc. It has to be BY THE BOOK! Don't get me wrong. I've read the Koran, the Torah, the writings of Buddha, the Papal Encyclicals, and the Bible several times through. Really about anything Spiritual stacks up in my personal library and in my brain. But still, sometimes the Divine chooses to speak to me, to use a often quoted misunderstood phrase, in mysterious ways. Sometimes I have to just stop everything, reading, praying, studying and just listen, just be in His presence. Last night I played guitar at Mass and we sang one of my favorite songs that sums it up best for me:

Open My Eyes...Help Me To See Your Face
Open My Hears...Help Me To Hear Your Voice
Open My Heart...Help Me To Love Like You

If we all truly would embrace these words as a prayer to Your Divine Energy, a way of life, a philosophy of mind, we would be truly open to all the wonderful possibilities that we as humans have to be Unified Through Our Diversity. Remember, when the words are gone from a book, there are more books to read. When the cereal runs out of the box, there is still more nourishment to be had outside the box.

In Peace
Sir Hook of Warrick

1 comment:

  1. From Conversation with God by Neale Donald Walsch:

    "I communicated with everyone. All of the time. The question is not to whom I communicated with, but who listens?"

    And

    "Now the supreme irony here is that you have all placed so much importance on the Word of God, and so little on the experience."

    Know that this is a special time and we are special people (as are all times and all people). Listen. Live Joy, Truth, Love.

    Sir Bowie of Greenbriar

    ReplyDelete