Visit the Official KCSA Web Site

Visit the Official KCSA Web Site
Click to Visit the Official KCSA Web Site. Unity Through Diversity...Knights Nation!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Are Your Thirsty?


The Knight of Moleskine,Spirit and Ale always thirsts. Sometimes it's a thirst for a very fine beer. Sometimes it's a thirst for a deeper knowledge of himself or those around him. Sometimes it's a thirst to share his knowledge, his spirit with those he encounters. And then there are the times we thirst for God. If you find yourself thirsty for God, get away to a quiet place and meditate on this mystery. You'll find yourself full beyond measure if you can hear through the silence the loud voice of God speaking to your soul. Of course, a good man made spirit can help set the mood too. Here is a poem I wrote in my Moleskine while meditating on the image above at my recent Jesuit retreat weekend:

The evergreen pierces the snow
Like new life piercing my soul
Reaching upward through a frozen mantle
Glistening white in the new day sun
That which clings to me melts away
Dropping burdens that merge with the river of my soul
Flowing...Ever Flowing
Evergreen, like new life piercing the unknown
I embrace this day
In Gratitude

Travel well!
Sir Hook

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
Psalm 42:2

1 comment: