Visit the Official KCSA Web Site

Visit the Official KCSA Web Site
Click to Visit the Official KCSA Web Site. Unity Through Diversity...Knights Nation!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Random Thoughts


The cry of the human soul is always heard. The response was there in all eternity awaiting the cry, only man's failing to hear keeps him unaware and unhelped.
--Two Listeners




Sir Hook,

Here is something you may be able to use.

It doesn't make any difference if you are keeping a
journal for professional or personal use, this quote
from Leonard F. Lathrop," The Farmer's Library" is as
applicable now as it was in 1826!

"For want of records, much useful information is
continually lost. Though many individuals have
derived advantages from experiments, but few have
recorded them. Even those who make experiments are
liable to forget them, so as to give incorrect
representations of them when they attempt to relate
them."

From the last part of the quote, I think that is where
the saying "no use ruining a good story telling it"
might have come from!

Sir Richard of Windsor

1 comment:

  1. There's another old saying, something like: Don't speak unless you can improve the silence. Thank goodness that Journaling -- for me -- is not like that. If I always thought to myself, "Don't write unless I can improve the blank page," I would never write.

    I never let a blank page stop me, and I don't have to share with anyone. If I choose to share, I make sure that I give them plenty of ale first. That way, my writing seems more interesting!

    Sir Bowie of Greenbriar

    ReplyDelete