Visit the Official KCSA Web Site

Visit the Official KCSA Web Site
Click to Visit the Official KCSA Web Site. Unity Through Diversity...Knights Nation!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Great Communicator

Each day do something to lift up another soul. Provide the helping hand to raise another to courage, faith, and health. - Two Listeners

Now, I know that I'm verging on the sacrilegious; however, the incorporation of all things Mac in my life has truly helped to lift my soul and express myself in ways I never imagined. Not that I'm making Steve Jobs the next messiah, as pictured in this clever stain glass rendition; however, my iMac, MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPod have brought some very interesting things out into the open from the depths of my soul. Believing that an Apple a day keeps Bill Gates and his Windows on the World at bay, I prefer to be among the chosen few who embrace the Mac Attack not to mention the "old fashioned" Moleskine pen and paper! Some of my religious conservative friends, who are also Microsoft Junkies, warn me that taking a bite out of the Apple (see the logo) leads to the tree to the knowledge of life and hell. I say, what's sinful in that? Adam and Eve had a good thing going until the Snake slithered into their lives. The ironic thing to me in my spiritual journey is that according to theologists original sin came into the world because Adam and Eve sought to know God, or I should say more correctly, be like God. But, isn't that our calling today?! We are called to act and to be like Jesus, who is God! Again, I ask, where is the sin in that?! All I can say is keep searching, keep questioning, keep your mind open, keep loving one another, keep praying, keep the faith in your heart, and for God's sake use a Mac and a Moleskine to express yourself!
Peace,
Sir Hook
P.S. In the Spirit of Openness, No Negative Comments will be Taken!

1 comment:

  1. Here are a few “proverbs” from Steve Jobs:

    Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.

    Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.

    Have fun and aways try to do better.

    Work to put a ding in the universe.

    Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.

    Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.

    The people who are doing the work are the moving force behind the Macintosh. My job is to create a space for them, to clear out the rest of the organization and keep it at bay.

    Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?

    ReplyDelete