Friday, April 18, 2008
Founders Day Comes in With a Roar
Our first Founders Day was greeted at 4am this morning with a 5.2 earthquake. As Jerry Lee Lewis would say, "There's a whole lot of shaken going on!"
It only seems proper, since the world has been shaken by the words, wit and wisdom we share here everyday. It's been quite a ride since April 18, 2007. We have grown in numbers, in wisdom and in friendships since our humble beginning with Sir Bowie and myself sketching this concept out in our Moleskine's during the Cinco De Mayo Mini Beer Tour at Old Chicago in Evansville, IN. Sir Dayvdd of Oxfordshire became an honorary Founding Father and has graced us with his artistic talents and his witty observations. Here are some facts:
1. We have grown from 2 to 78 Knights and Ladies; 72% are Knights, 28% are Ladies (Explains the Jousts!)
2. The majority of us are American; however, we have active members from England, Canada, Scotland, Brazil, Argentina, Haiti and Jamaica.
3. 44% prefer Ale as their favorite beverage and 42% prefer using the Moleskine to journal.
4. Our favorite thing to do is a collective experience of drinking, journaling and spiritual quests (60% of us answered all the above in an early poll.)
5. We have 37 Official Fest Days, meaning that besides weekends and other State recognized holiday's, we are feasting and celebrating over 10% of the year!
6. This is our 213th post since November of last year, when the site was launched.
7. We have granted access to other members to contribute to the posts.
I can say with confidence and all candor, that my life has not been the same since the birth of the Knights of Moleskine, Spirit and Ale. It has made me truly embrace thinking, drinking, writing, being merry and open to diversity like I had never been before. I feel a certain freedom, not least in expression, that adds much to my life as I enter the next half of it. Thank you for being part of this crazy dream and for helping to make it a reality. Now, let's see how we can make YEAR 2 even more exciting and better! Be sure to check out the new polls and remember to Think, Drink and Be Merry!
Sir Hook of Warrick
Posted by dkWells